1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra Convergence Menu In Service Mode On Toshiba RPTV ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by HBK757, Feb 1, 2002.

1. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took the following from Keohi's HDTV site which offers various tips/tweaks -

-------------------------------

Here is a tip for the Toshiba 43PJ93G (PAL/NTSC european model) that might work with other sets as well.

"There is a special menu for selecting modes when adjusting convergence.

When in service menu, just press the ' F ' key and the ' 7 ' key simultaneously and the following menu will appear: (the F key is the topmost key on the left of the remote control)

Adjust PAL 4/3
    Adjust PAL 16/9
    Copy PAL to others
    Adjust NTSC 4/3
    Adjust NTSC 16/9
    Copy NTSC to others
    This is great for adjusting all modes without changing source everytime. The 'copy ... to others' should in principle copy 4/3 modes convergence settings to 16/9 modes(PAL to PAL and NTSC to NTSC), as far as convergence is concerned. This might need further fine adjustments though.

Navigation in the menu is done through the regular cursor keys and exiting the menu is done with the 'usual' yellow key.

Hope this will be of of some use."

-------------------------------------------

Now I have the 43VJ13P model, the remote doesn't seem to have this "F" button or whatever it is. Does anyone know if there's a way to get this menu up on my model ? It could fix a huge convergence problem in PAL which isn't practically fixable at the moment. If I could do the "Copy NTSC to others" it might be able to fix it.

Thanks.