• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Extra camera for a Toddler Video Monitor

No1Joker

Established Member
Hi all,
I am not the best when it comes to freq and electronics so i was hoping someone could help.

I have THIS (NScessity Digital Video Baby Monitor) Video Baby Monitor which works on 2.4 GHz, but the Video unit has 4 channels. I currently have the supplied infra-red camera in the nursery but i wanted to add another camera in the lounge where he plays in his pen.

Can i just get any 2.4 GHz camera or will the video unit only pick up certain ones? :smashin: or :thumbsdow

Thanks very much for your help.

Last edited:

No1Joker

Established Member
Well i've taken a punt and bought THIS (2.4GHz Night Vision CCD Wireless CCTV Security Camera) camera from ebay. Hopefully it'll work one one of the channels.

I will report back when its delivered and whether it works.

No1Joker

Established Member
Hi JOker normally they need to be of same make type but you may get lucky, (or next doors Sky/Cameras)

They have said in the listing it'll work with any reciever, but i totally agree with your concerns. Its half the price of the "brand" extra camera (just without the audio). So at worst i risk the cost of posting it back i guess.

I looked into a fully automated CCTV linked to website monitoring etc, but its a chuck of change i just don't have :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom