Extra Bedroom Converted to Home Theater

ImSpartacus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Back in May, I posted pics of a new living room setup. Over the following few months, my family had such a wonderful time with it, that my wife came around on the idea of converting a spare bedroom into a small theater room. It's basically done. I still would like to get some small tables with cup holders between the chairs so I can get rid of the coffee table. I also would like a basic universal remote but I'm holding out for Christmas on that.

It's a pretty simple setup.
Xbox One X for gaming, blu-rays, and streaming
Onkyo TX NR656 outputting to a 5.1.2 setup.
Front and rear channels and subwoofer are Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 800 series.
Optoma UHD 50 4k projector
120 inch manual screen from Elite Screens
The chairs are the Homall Recliner Chair which are a great budget option. We've been very happy with them so far.

I absolutely love this room. It's fist pumps and f yeahs every now and then when I look around and realize it's now a reality. LOL It also was a revelation going from a soundbar to even this basic Atmos/DTSX setup.

Lastly, I have browsed this site for the past six months or so looking for tips on various things, so thanks to everyone for contributing to this being such an awesome place.

HT 1.jpg
HT 2.jpg
HT 3.jpg
HT 4.jpg

Last edited:
Back in May, I posted pics of a new living room setup. Over the following few months, my family had such a wonderful time with it, that my wife came around on the idea of converting a spare bedroom into a small theater room. It's basically done. I still would like to get some small tables with cup holders between the chairs so I can get rid of the coffee table. I also would like a basic universal remote but I'm holding out for Christmas on that.

Front and rear channels and subwoofer are Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 800 series.
Height channels I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what model they are. (I got the receiver and speakers third hand for a great deal on Facebook Marketplace and the guy wasn't sure exactly.)
The chairs are the Homall Recliner Chair which are a great budget option. We've been very happy with them so far.

I absolutely love this room. It's fist pumps and f yeahs every now and then when I look around and realize it's now a reality. LOL It also was a revelation going from a soundbar to even this basic Atmos/DTSX setup.

Lastly, I have browsed this site for the past six months or so looking for tips on various things, so thanks to everyone for contributing to this being such an awesome place.

View attachment 1377152View attachment 1377155View attachment 1377158View attachment 1377159
Looks great mate, absolutely love it..can't beat a room like this for Halloween/ winter viewings.

120 inch manual screen from Elite Screens

View attachment 1377152View attachment 1377155View attachment 1377158View attachment 1377159
How big is the room?

Liking the movie posters. I think I need to do something like that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom