Extinction (Netflix) 2018

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Starring Michael Peña, Lizzy Caplan and Mike Colter.

A father has a recurring dream of losing his family. His nightmare turns into reality when the planet is invaded by a force bent on destruction. Now, fighting for their lives, he comes to realize an unknown strength to keep them safe from harm.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
I remember reading somewhere, that up until very recently, this was earmarked for a wide cinema release. Clearly things have changed. Anyways, looks interesting enough to catch when it drops on the 27th.

richp007

Distinguished Member
"We were not here first"

That's a bit of a rip of War of the Worlds isn't it?

Anyhow, I did read a review of this earlier (non-spoilery), that said it was actually very good. So i'll add it to the ridiculously long Netflix list I have!

The_Wierd

Just watched and enjoyed it. Definitely one of the better Netflix exclusive movies, not as good as Annihilation, but much better than the Cloverfield Paradox.

Won’t discuss plot as it’s too easy to spoiler, but it has a good, if not entirely original, concept that I liked. Hard to imagine this was ever a likely theatrical release as it has a low budget feel to the production design and effects, but it all works well enough to tell the story.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
it is ok, lots of fireworks and bangs, has a generic look to the film, interesting plot they put a spin on familiar themes 7/10

the invaders are humans from mars. earth's population is all synthetics, the tech advanced humans want their old planet back

Last edited:

VisionMan

Spoiler question:

I know they are mind-wiped, but how comes they haven't realised they never age?
Because they have been mind wiped they don't know any different. Loved the spin on it at the end because I didn't see it coming.