External USB HDD And Micro HiFi With USB Question?

K

Kikujiro06

Hi.

Is there anyway an External 40GB USB 2.5" Mobile HDD will work on a Micro Hifi system with a USB socket? Like say, on the Philips MCM720 or Sony's one. Will they reconize it and play the mp3's on it? If not, Is there any other way I can play all my mp3s on a 'Micro' HiFi system? I have more then a 20gb collection, so I can't use a small 1gb mp3 player im afraid... is there any other mass storage device I can use to play my mp3s?

Any answers or help will be greatly appricated.

Cheers.

alexs2

It's possible that it may do,but really a lot would depend on the filing system etc,and I personally couldnt say....have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your system and asking?

enmac1

Standard Member
I plugged my I-River 20 GB HDD into my son's LG micro hifi (I forget the model, but it was about £120 from Currys) and it worked but it couldn't display the tracknames, just track 1 - 999. Not very useful really. I'm pretty sure there was a lot more than 999 tracks on it as well.

billwizz

Standard Member
Have a look at Teac CR-H255 Micro System However I have read that it has a 2000 file limitation on any attached USB device

K

Kikujiro06

Thanks for your replys.

I have decided to contact the manufacturers of the hifis I had in mind. Like Philips, Sharp, Wharfdale and even sony. I am trying to contact JVC about one of there models that plays DVDs. Because I have to have a back up plan if my original plan does not pull through. So I am thinking of buying a HIFI dvd player and put all my mp3s on dvd-r/rw and hope the system will read all the mp3s through navigation of folder directorys... Hope.

I will keep you posted regarding all the manufacturers replys to my questons.

Cheers.

enmac1

Standard Member
The press release for the Sony CMT-U1BT seems to indicate that it can control an external player, either by bluetooth or a USB cable. Anyone got any experience of this machine?

K

Kikujiro06

The press release for the Sony CMT-U1BT seems to indicate that it can control an external player, either by bluetooth or a USB cable. Anyone got any experience of this machine?
Funny that you mention the Sony CMT-U1BT enmac1, because not long ago I sent Sony an email enquiring about it's usb for that Hifi. I said in my email if this hifi can read USB-host adabters.

I'll post there reply as soon as I hear from'em.

Stay tuned.

Obskure

Hi Kikujiro06,
Just researching the Sony CMT-U1BT. Did you ever have any reply back from Sony on the questions posed? Or have you purchased it? Any feedback welcome as my wife and I Now have two A2DP phones & a need for a new bedroom Hi-Fi.
Cheers,
John.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom