External storage hub help

scott178

Established Member
Reaction score
just bought a Xbox one media hub and fitted a 1tb Seagate Hard drive I have formatted it but every game I install either digital or disc the game fails to launch and I get an error code

Caption for error

Error message: A Generic error has occurred... No specific details - error for 0x80004005

Has anyone else had this and found a fix?
I can see some other people have the same problem on the Xbox forum but no answers have been posted.

TIA

Scott

I get the same error code when trying to use my SSD HDD with a USB Hub, not tested yet but my problem might be with my USB Hub itself, maybe your Hub is also at fault, especially if other people are reporting the same problem....

I'm not sure,the other posts I can see are more just related to external storage devices not specifically the same hub as I have

ImageUploadedByAVForums1452954284.722208.jpg

This is the hub I'm using

Have you formatted the HDD when you plugged it in ?

Maybe worthing doing a Reboot and Clearing the cache, hold down the power button on the Console for about 10 seconds, wait for the light on the PSU to go Orange and then unplug it for 2 minutes and then plug back in and power up and try again.

Hi amardilo yes it's there I have formatted it on a few occasions now, games install it's just when I try to launch I get the error. I have moved games from my internal hard drive over to the hub they move over no problem the game main screen loads then it goes back to the dashboard, then the it asks me to hold home button to launch external hub I do this select game again it loads briefly then crashes and up comes the error

Hi amardilo yes it's there I have formatted it on a few occasions now, games install it's just when I try to launch I get the error. I have moved games from my internal hard drive over to the hub they move over no problem the game main screen loads then it goes back to the dashboard, then the it asks me to hold home button to launch external hub I do this select game again it loads briefly then crashes and up comes the error

Isn't that odd.

Have you tried the hard drive in another enclosure (if you have one) like a hot swap drive or something?

Did you get a USB cable with the drive? Have you tried attaching the USB cable to the enclosure and then trying the drive in all the USB ports (maybe it's not fully snapped in or something)?

Have you also tried installing something directly onto the external drive/enclosure? Maybe there is an issue with the move/copy paste function? If you set the external drive to the primary drive and download a game from the Xbox Store (preferably a game you have already bought but isn't on your machine or a demo or something) does it still crash?

I didn't have time this weekend but will try a few of your suggestion above thanks. There are a good few people here with the same problem and not one reply from Microsoft [emoji20]

Xbox.com Forums

The drive is brand new out of the box I have another external hard drive at home so I can swap the drives and give it a try.

Thanks

Just to update the thread I removed hub from the side of Xbox and connected it via usb cable and formatted then installed digital game. It gave same error code as before but said was an unrecognisable fault. I removed the cable and attached the hub back onto the Xbox and launched the game again, it played first time I then installed 4 more games which all played first go. So now my external hard drive works and I have another 1tb of storage. Thanks to all that left suggestions on the thread [emoji2]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom