• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

External PSU - is it always on?

Brogan

Am I correct in thinking that as the PSU is external, even if the Xbox is switched off (not standby), the PSU transformer will continue to draw current as there is no way of physically switching it off?

If so, I will use a separate wall socket for the Xbox as I am fanatical about turning appliances off when not in use so there is no wasted electricity or unnecessary use of components.

I do this with all of my gear (AV, PC, routers, etc.); takes bloody ages when it's time for bed :D

Sporran

yep, iirc their is a small LED that is orange andgoes green when the unit is powered on.

Thats the one thing i like about the ps3 is the physical switch on the rear, have to say my 360 is permanently on as i cant get to the sockets without pulling everything out.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom