1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External(main)Speakers for Tosh42WT29B

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Raffles, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest a couple of good External(Main) Speakers for the above set? Nothing exotic please,-just to get the surround sound effect.

2. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    I have a pair of Toshiba floorstanders that are designed to go with that set (connecting directly to the TV to get the full 5.1 effect). I bought them when I got my Tosh RP a couple of years ago. They're very good but I've since upgraded to a separate amp and all the speakers so at the moment I've no use for the Toshibas. If you're interested in them, let me know. They're in perfect condition.

3. Peter Shilton

Peter Shilton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38705&goto=newpost

I reckon I am going to buy 2 more of the rear suuround sound speakers and see how that goes. With digital surround sound it is OK to have balanced speakers. (apparanly)

Did you buy the cabinet with yours? mine is cuurently up on books to see how it looks!!! how high is the cabinet?

4. Raffles

Raffles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Peter - Have you seen my reply to your posting under the heading "Toshiba42WH18B "- You may well be entitled to a pair of free Eltax floor standing speakers which were on offer with this set by leaflet redemption!! - might as well try them before you look elsewhere.

Didnt buy the cabinet as I dont think it looks good - someone has posted a picture of it previously on this site somewhere.