External Hdd

DisguisedCoot

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone recomend a external HDD for my ps3? got loads of MP3's ect that i want to put on it.

WesternDigital Passport 120 gig USB2 comes already formatted to FAT32 and was simply Plug and Play with my PS3...Same shiny black finish..not that that matters..£54.50 from Amazon...other capacities available as well...Also powered through USB lead and very compact

depends how much you want to spend.

I personally bought the Western Digital 500gb My Book from amazon for £97 as I plan to put all my movies onto it.

It came already formatted to FAT32, but it does have its own power supply which is a bit of a pain if you short of plug space

Ive got a 160gb Freecom drive, sexy little silver number that is tiny!
50 quid off ebay already formatted to FAT32

Thought i'd add, this drive does not require external power source, USB powered only!

WesternDigital Passport 120 gig USB2 comes already formatted to FAT32 and was simply Plug and Play with my PS3...Same shiny black finish..not that that matters..£54.50 from Amazon...other capacities available as well...Also powered through USB lead and very compact

Is it a sealed unit? or could you remove the 120gb at a later date to upgrade the HDD?

Ta

I've got one of these as well, it's great. It matches the PS3 so damn well if you removed the dark grey WD lettering (which is barely visable) you'd think it was an official add-on. It also comes with a nice short black USB lead, so you're not left with loads of wire dangling around your PS3.

am tempted to do this too...

will the music show up in the music section of the media bar or will it show up elsewhere if its not physically on the internal HDD?

how do you get movies onto an HDD? all mine are really low quality, i just want to watch them off the HDD, so i can name them, give the icons, and not have to change the disc all the time...

depends how much you want to spend.

I personally bought the Western Digital 500gb My Book from amazon for £97 as I plan to put all my movies onto it.

It came already formatted to FAT32, but it does have its own power supply which is a bit of a pain if you short of plug space

I got mine delivered this week :thumbsup:
I've already put on 25gb of music and 15gb of photos, next it's the videos :D

A quick Q why do some pictures show as album art when they are in the albums folder and some don't?
I just can't see a pattern except if there is more than one it won't show any picture at all.
I've made it so there is only one picture in each folder but still some didn't show :confused: :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom