Blaupunkt

Hi, so my question is can I play updated PS4 games on the PS5 from a external hard drive on the PS5 or do they need to be on the main internal drive or a M.2 SSD because they have been updated.

Would I be better off just buying a 2gig M.2 SSD for stuff I want to play on the SP5 and continuing to play a lot of PS4 games on my old PS4.

I have been looking at the, "WD_BLACK SN850 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe Gaming SSD with Heatsink - Works with PlayStation 5 up to 7000 MB/s read speed", about £250 on amazon.

Darbo

You can play ps4 games from an external drive, honestly your ps4 is redundant now, mine is a media player in the bedroom these days.
You can also pair your ds4 for ps4 games if you want.

AdderNoir

Personally I use an external 2tb Samsung T7 SSD for PS4 games and storing PS5 games locally that I’m not actively playing and have a high speed 1tb m.2 internally as well as the built in storage for the PS5 games I keep in active rotation.

Wing80surfer

A PS4 game that's been updated to a PS5 version is the same as a native PS5 game in that it has to be on internal storage in order to play it. PS4 games can still be played from USB external drive.
I've got a 1TB SN850 for PS5 titles & a 4TB external for PS4 games.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom