• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

External hard drive prob

Forbez

Hi guys, I wonder if you could share any ideas or thoughts with me. I've recently bought a 2tb hd, and my bro in law has given me his old external hd case. I installed the hd the other day, and plugged the power cable into the plug without it being connected to the enclosure, and it seems that the transformer(or whatever the box is on the power cable) went pop! There is a light on this power unit, that will not light up, and I have tried swapping the fuse.
It's an Akasa enclosure, and any suggestions of what to do? The connnector to the enclosure for the power cable is a circle with 4 pins.
I'm guessing, my best and only option is to buy a new enclosure, but I'm trying to save some money, as the graphics card in my laptop has failed (hp dv6500 series) and I am trying to get everything off the laptop hd!

Thanks. Tom

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom