• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

External Hard Drive, Access Denied?, Windows can't access?

mac3489

Standard Member
Hi, sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find an answer on here.
Basically I went to access some files from my external hard drive and the computer said F:\ is not accessible access denied. I went to 'computer to look at the hard drive and it now says - Local Disk (F:\) NTFS ,and if I view the properties of this hard drive it says that there is 0 used space and 0 free space?
I don't know what has happened?, this hard drive has all my music, films tv shows etc and it seems as if they are gone.
I scanned it using a virus scanner, and I could see the names of all the files that are on there as it was scanning.
I tried a file recovery program called pandora recovery but that couldn't even see these files, yet the anti virus software could (microsoft essentials).
Does anyone have the remotest idea of what has happened? I haven't accidently formatted it or anything, I just went on as normal.
thanks for any help, mac

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom