1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external dvd rewriter advice

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by frankie13, Dec 22, 2004.

1. frankie13

frankie13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi m8s ive been given nero 6 copy software , 1st is it any good, 2nd can anyone reccomend a external rewriter, ive been looking at the freecom classic, at dixons anygood

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    I use Nero 6 for copying of CDs but use a different program for DVDs so don't know how well it will work for them. It is a very good program for CDs though so should also be good with DVD.

As for DVDs I would say that all the burners these days are close to each other in terms of performance. It can often be cheaper and easier (to get what you want) by getting an internal drive and putting it in an external case yourself. I would recommend getting a firewire case and not USB2.0 as I've seen a fair few problems with USB external drives. I don't know what price the drive you have seen was but at around £40 for a DVD writer plus £30ish for an external case that gives a total cost of around £70.

Mark.