External Bluray writer for PC

mras

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a shiny new PC, but it is very small (Intel NUC) and I'd like to get an external Blu Ray writer. There are plenty of USB C sockets to use!
I am looking for suggestions/advice on what would be the best I can get. I'd use it mainly for archiving and occasionally watching Blu Rays or DVDs. I have seen they cost around €150-€200 (I'm in Spain), which would be my budget.

Verbatim have a USB-C BD-R drive that records up to 6x, sells on Amazon Spain for around 110 euros. Pioneer also offer a top loader drive.

Blu-ray on PC isn't really relevant all that much these days, so there isn't that much choice in brand name products.

Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm selling the old PC with the bluray recorder in it, so an enclosure - while cheaper - would leave a hole (I have long since lost the cover for the space) :)

Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm selling the old PC with the bluray recorder in it, so an enclosure - while cheaper - would leave a hole (I have long since lost the cover for the space) :)
Just stick a bit of duck tape over the gap.

Good plan!
I was super keen and got the Verbatim drive - just playing around with it now....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom