• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Exterior Cat5 advice

Tom Tom

Prominent Member
I am looking at running the Cat5 cable on the outside of the house, (out of the front room downstairs up the exterior wall and then in to the bedroom, its easier than going through the house)

I was told BT would fit it for me when I get Infinity installed, but would they have exterior cable or should I buy it from NETWORKING - NETWORK CABLES (OUTDOOR) - Sapphire Systems Mail Order Audio Cables Video cables HDMI Cables DVI cables Home Cinema & Hi-Fi first and just ask them to do it on the day?

Thanks
Tom

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I don't see BT fitting that for you without charging a lot, have you checked with BT?

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
I don't see BT fitting that for you without charging a lot, have you checked with BT?

I agree. They charge £125 for a phone extension so doubt they'd do an ethernet run for nothing!

Kristian

Prominent Member
Don't they move the Master Socket on an Infinity install if you need it - isn't the modem connected only to a master socket and not an extension. Is this what Tom means? It'll be a phone cable rather than Cat5 though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom