Exterior Cat 6

STS121

Standard Member
Reaction score
I’ve kind of mentioned this in my other thread, but that was for a few things so wanted to be a bit more specific.

if I run speedtest through my Samsung’s internet tv app over WiFi I get about 20mb. I’m currently on sky’s 80mb fibre.

I had the idea to run a cat 6 cable around the house so bought a pre made 30m length.

so I thought I’d try it just plugged in before I go the hassle of running it round the house.

What should I be seeing when I run the speedtest compared to above? My laptop running speedtest says 76mb when plugged into the router.

my Tv plugged into the router (with a 30m cable) is only showing 34mb!

cant be right can it?

Well it all depends on the NIC on your TV and how it measures speed. What were you using to run a speedtest on your TV ?

The web browser and then the speedtest website, was expecting a bigger jump from WiFi to plugged in directly?!

I can’t imagine that the tv is going to have a decent processor and lots of power. Try the laptop on the new cable for the tv. If you still get the decent connection then just plug the tv in and enjoy life 🙂

(Using Internet sites to test lan speeds is not a good idea due to the vagaries of the Internet)

I can’t imagine that the tv is going to have a decent processor and lots of power. Try the laptop on the new cable for the tv. If you still get the decent connection then just plug the tv in and enjoy life 🙂

(Using Internet sites to test lan speeds is not a good idea due to the vagaries of the Internet)
Didn’t think of that!!

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom