Extension Finished - Living Room Home Theatre Pics

purextc69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So went through almost a year of the house being compeltely ripped apart and started again. Walls were removed to make an open plan living space, and a 2 storey extension put on the back.

Both myself and the wife work in VFX so obviously have a love for films. We had to have something good, although slightly compromised by a couple of things in the house like the bi folding doors, so in ceiling rears have had to be a compromise. But, here goes, kit list:

Panasonic TX-65DX902B

Pioneer SC-LX59 AVR
Monitor Audio Gold C150 Centre
Monitor Audio Gold 200 Front Floor Standers
Monitor Audio C265-IDC In Ceiling Surrounds
REL T-9 Sub

29810779522_95509ea6a3_o.jpg

29960402951_97ef820852_o.jpg

29960320151_c4f3e52ac4_o.jpg

30044065225_b8a9cbc582_o.jpg

29415996994_45ed8f6b79_o.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking.

I have the same TV wall mounted how far is the bottom edge from the floor?

1.2 - 1.3 meters i believe. Our sofas have recliners with adjustable head rests. We found this perfect when your reclined with your head angled up ever so slightly.

1.2 - 1.3 meters i believe. Our sofas have recliners with adjustable head rests. We found this perfect when your reclined with your head angled up ever so slightly.

Ahhh ok that makes sense..!
Like the all white set up..[emoji41]

I like the white cabinet where did you get that from?
Honestly can't remember. It isn't very good but looks nice. Found a website that had lots of cabinets and picked this one. Was cheap to be honest. But we have spent so much money on the whole house we couldn't get anything with better build quality for now.

Love the white speaker setup

Love the white speaker setup
Thanks. We loaned some MA Gold 300's to test before purchasing these and they were in black.

We found them too big for and thought the black stood out too much.

all that work and there is still a visible cable drooping down from the TV!!! :blush:

very, very nice though, how do find the TV? on my short list but viewing angles and banding issued talked about are putting me off.

Very nice looking setup, is that wallpaper?
Thank you - much appreciated. Yes it is... has a 3d effect to it, not flat. We think it works really nicely as a feature wall.

all that work and there is still a visible cable drooping down from the TV!!! :blush:

very, very nice though, how do find the TV? on my short list but viewing angles and banding issued talked about are putting me off.
I forgot to explain about the cable... Basically the electrician who ended up running the cables through the wall forgot somehow to run the HDMI cable... :facepalm: So, behind that wall is the utility room and I am going to have to cut a hole in that wall to be able to pull the HDMI cable through as it is all too tight. I just haven't got round to doing it yet unfortunately so it certainly won't look like this in the near future.

I love the TV - it does have a couple of issues such as the ghosting(?) effect with dark areas on light (Family guy, Peter walking against a light background for example..). I only see this very rarely. Never seen it on a blu ray as of yet. Viewing angles are not the best but far from the worst. After calibrating the screen (borrowed some kit from work) the performance 95% of the time is stunning.I am very happy. Oh, and I haven't seen any banding issues either. This will also depend on source though.

That's a nice light airy lounge. The kit (especially the speakers and sub) seems made for the room, well done.

I know what you mean about compromising, my open plan space is full of it! I've also had to depend on in-ceiling rears which means 3D audio is now out. Do you have a pic of the rears in relation to the seating position?

That's a nice light airy lounge. The kit (especially the speakers and sub) seems made for the room, well done.

I know what you mean about compromising, my open plan space is full of it! I've also had to depend on in-ceiling rears which means 3D audio is now out. Do you have a pic of the rears in relation to the seating position?
Thank you - appreciate your opinion.

So I had to compromise on where i put these as well funnily enough. The new part of the house and the old have of course got differently spaced joists... Cue problems lining them up perfectly.... I have a picture showing the rears below. they are around 20cm behind the back of the sofa I would guess.

30010051926_bda36e0f9d_o.jpg

That's a very busy ceiling in the kitchen area. I bet it gets bright in there!

What were we saying about compromises earlier? Yeah, I had the same thing. My right surround speaker in the ideal position would be fowling 4 pipes and a joist! I had to push it to the other side of the joist to get it in. So I feel your pain. Still, after a bit of level adjustment they can still sound pretty good. Are you happy with the result?

Hi All,

So went through almost a year of the house being compeltely ripped apart and started again. Walls were removed to make an open plan living space, and a 2 storey extension put on the back.

Both myself and the wife work in VFX so obviously have a love for films. We had to have something good, although slightly compromised by a couple of things in the house like the bi folding doors, so in ceiling rears have had to be a compromise. But, here goes, kit list:

Panasonic TX-65DX902B

Pioneer SC-LX59 AVR
Monitor Audio Gold C150 Centre
Monitor Audio Gold 200 Front Floor Standers
Monitor Audio C265-IDC In Ceiling Surrounds
REL T-9 Sub

29810779522_95509ea6a3_o.jpg

29960402951_97ef820852_o.jpg

29960320151_c4f3e52ac4_o.jpg

30044065225_b8a9cbc582_o.jpg

29415996994_45ed8f6b79_o.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Thanks for looking.
My god, that is beautiful! Seriously, that is my heaven, I love it!

That's a very busy ceiling in the kitchen area. I bet it gets bright in there!

What were we saying about compromises earlier? Yeah, I had the same thing. My right surround speaker in the ideal position would be fowling 4 pipes and a joist! I had to push it to the other side of the joist to get it in. So I feel your pain. Still, after a bit of level adjustment they can still sound pretty good. Are you happy with the result?
Yeah it does look busy from that angle! We do have a lot of lights lol...

I am very happy with the results actually. The Pioneer on board calibration etc has done a good job and the rears do sound like rears which is nice. Very difficult to tell that the sound is coming from above which is a good thing. Might change them and move these over to the dining area for zone 2 though. I would change them to the FX version for Dipole and better spread sound as I think this would improve it another step.

Fantastic work! Would love the MA Gold series. Enjoy!!

it does look great aesthetically so well done, do you find that you get boomy bass as the subwoofer is right in the corner of the room and pretty close to a wall?

The white and silver combination gives that higher end and classier look. Only bit of advice is that tv could be lower at eye level also easier to hide cables. But apart From that looks lovely

Thanks. We loaned some MA Gold 300's to test before purchasing these and they were in black.

We found them too big for and thought the black stood out too much.
You can get the the gold 300 in white as well your right they are a much bigger speaker i have the previous range and you would have to get the matching gold 350 center again its much bigger than the C150. Sometimes the sleeker design does look better like in your case here

Well done on making it to the home page :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom