Extending Tv power cable for Home cinema

Nicklondon82

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys I am planning on Wall Mountin My tv And need to extend The tv power cable.

What Would be the simplest way of doing this, The power cable will be going in trunking down the wall from tv.

I am not sure what type of connector is inside the tv.

Any help you guys can ive would be great, i would prefer to avoid soldering etc....

Are you planning on plastering over the power cable? If so, you're not supposed to run a cable like that in trunking. I've just been through the same thing. In the end I took a line of twin and earth from a socket and installed a fused spur. You just cut the plug off a power cable and wire it directly into the switch on the wall. It was really simple, only a couple of wires to screw in and you know you've done it properly. The hardest bit was knocking out the brick for the backbox.

480015_10151567217911061_1526648793_n.jpg

906377_10151571122851061_514980015_o.jpg

47022_10151574158651061_317825301_n.jpg

Of course, if you just mean trunking on the surface then just buy a longer power cable
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HQ-5m-Pow...uting_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item414fe39a60

You'll probably need one with a right angled plug depending on the depth of your mount

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5M-Right-...uting_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item4d0b9af856

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Looks great, and i meant the trunking is outside of wall. my tv power cable isnt a kettle lead cable, it come direct off the power board inside the tv.(which is the one i want to extend) so i cant use a standard kettle lead.

I have a crappy celcus tv and the cable is well short.

any other suggestions

Wow, the TV power is hard wired into the TV? Got any pics?

Either

a)Install a local socket behind the TV

b)Cut the plug off the end and use a choc box (make sure you use the strain relief that grip the cable!) to join it either to more flex or T&E.

If so, you're not supposed to run a cable like that in trunking.

You can run whatever cable you like in trunking....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom