1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extending the range of a IR Remote- How??

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Asaf, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My home theatre and all my components will be housed upstairs but wish to control simple controls like:

1. Power
    2. Volume
    3. CD Track Changes

I would like to be able to do this from 3 points in my house by using an IR universal remote control. (With my old Bose system it had a FM frequency remote which was really handy. Any IR converts to FM frequency?)What is the simplest method to achieve this? I don’t want lights; curtains or AC controls just simple control for music that is wired throughout the house. This is mainly for my wife so she can use this equipment more easily! Currently when she goes to the Theatre room she gets totally confused so she doesn’t use anything. :confused:

Looking forward to any ideas or suggestions.

Asaf

2. compolitus

compolitus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi There

You could try using IR blasters around the house or possibly experiment with fibre glass cable to transmit the IR from room to room. I have not tried it myself but sounds logical.

3. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Search Google for Philips SBC LI800. I got mine from Stone Audio in the UK and it works a treat. £35 well spent :smashin:

4. Robbbo

Robbbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the buffalo items look great but the cost...
    is there a more cost effective solution to hard-wire ir
    I have my av amp in a cupboard ajoining the lounge, so I need to be able to control this equipment from the lounge, kitchen and study
    cat5 cable would be easy to run as I am in a bungalow