Extending the IR extender - URGENT HELP !

Mr Ess

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a sapphire Mayfair 106" matt white screen and it is being put into a hidden pelmet type scenario where it drops through a slot. Becasue its hidden, the screens IR eye is hidden. Luckily, it comes with an extension cable that you plug into the bottom of the projector and another eye is on the end. This extender unfortunately is too short so I need to extend it.

On one end of the lead is an RJ11 connector with all 4 wires connected; this goes into a socket on the projector. On the other is another RJ11 connector with the same 4 wires in the same sequence; this goes into the eye.

I thought I could just buy a 4 wired telephone extension cable (RJ11 -> RJ11 socket) but when I try this, it doesn't work. take that extension cable off again and the original extender works again.

Without getting into RF extenders etc, is there anything else easy I can try first????

Help - Plaster is coming tomorrow and I won't be able to get at it !!!!

Have you checked that the pins are not crossed over within the cable? I.e. is pin 1 connected to pin 1 at the other end of the cable, pin 2 to pin 2 etc. You will need some kind of continuity checker to do this. Check the cable which was supplied with your screen as well.

Have you checked that the pins are not crossed over within the cable? I.e. is pin 1 connected to pin 1 at the other end of the cable, pin 2 to pin 2 etc. You will need some kind of continuity checker to do this. Check the cable which was supplied with your screen as well.

Thanks but its too late now. I did check the cables although only visually using the colours. Both seemed straight through. Plasterer has boarded it up this morning so last night, I positioned it behind the air conditioning grill as it would reach there. Not ideal but had no other option with so little time.

Thanks for your reply though :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom