Extending sat/freesat into other rooms

ranjb

Standard Member
Hi

Recently purchased the Panasonic Gt30 with freesat and freeview. We have 2 tvs one in lounge and dining room. The dining room is our main tv with all our kit installed.

We have a old sky box which is not under subscription but allows us to get all the free channels. This is now in our lounge and is connected via scart to the tv in there which is a non digital tv.

We have virgin media connected to our main tv but can receive the satelitte connection from other room as there is a coaxial cable from one room to another... The reception isnt great mind you... I do plan to get an aerial booster to hopefully help the signal.

My question is i now have a spare tv and want to get tv in the kitchen but there are no sockets there. Its an old tv so isnt digital. I want to call otan aerial installer who can link from our main tv and create a new point in the kitchen. Does anyone know what i should be expected to pay for this? Its roughly 20 metres away.

My plan is to get a coaxial cable from the virgin media kit to this tv in the kitchen... Are there better ways to do this and still receive good quality.. As it looks like a big job which could end up costing me a small fortune i think.... I a bit wary with these wireless systems, still think cable route would be better with a booster..

Any suggestions would be great. May be willing to upgrade tv in kitchen if need be...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom