1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extending Relisys power connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by tennant, Jan 11, 2004.

1. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've just taken delivery of a Relisys 1720 12" TFT TV and am in the process of mounting it on the wall. I'm chasing all the cables into the wall, but don't want to chase in the original Relisys power lead as I want the option to move it elsewhere ocassionally.

Therefore, does anybody know where I can get an extension lead for the DC side of the power connection. I can then chase this extension in the wall, and leave the whole of the PSU in the cupboard with the rest of the kit. I've tried CPC, but the only DC extension leads are 2.1mm and 2.5mm, but the Relisys connection looks bigger than this to me.

Could also build my own lead, but with the eabsence of Tandy these days, the bits are more difficult to get unless I know the exact spec of the connector?

Thanks for your help.

Tennant

2. mxs

mxs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It might be worth popping into Maplins with your cable to see if they can come up with an option.

3. MarkHudds

MarkHudds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I wall mounted my Relisys a few weeks back ...I decided to extended the AC side rather than the DC side as you can simply run standard 3 core mains cable up the wall and then the DC cable and transformer can be hidden behind the TV.

The transformer sits quite snuggly on top of the wall mount behind the TV ... totally invisible!

If you want to move the set occasionaly you could get a 'push-together' mains cable connector rather than a screwed one?

4. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    Guys, any chance of some photos of the relisys screen wall mounted? I'm thinking of doing the same and am interested in what wall mount you've got and how you've done it!

Cheers!

5. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Extending the AC side is an option, but I don't want to chisel out another channel (solid stone walls), and it goes against my hifi ethics to run AC mains in the same trunking as signal cables.

My other option is to cut through the DC cable and put a couple of choc-block connectors either side of a piece of extension cable...not my ideal solution though.

Tennant

6. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Have discovered that the DC power connector is in fact a 2.1mm connector. I assumed it wasn't this as the connector is obviously much bigger than 2.1mm. However the 2.1 actually refers to the pin in the centre of the "barrel" rather than the external dimension.

Hence a 3m extension cable is available from CPC (part number PW01138) for £0.55.

Just in case anybody else wants to do a similar thing!

Tennant

7. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    OK, finally got the room pretty much finished. As requested, have uploaded a couple of images of the wall mounted Relisys...I'm very pleased with it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tennant

8. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    Tennant, thnx for posting the images, looks great!! What bracket did you use?

9. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    This universal tilting mount:

http://www.nexnix.co.uk/tft/relisys-rlt1720.htm#mount

I also put 90 degree convertors on all the phono leads so they didn't prevent the screen from being tilted.

The only problem is the s-video cable, as I can't find a suitable 90 dgree convertor, so this does foul the tilting slightly. (CPC has a 90 degree s-video plug, but unfortunately is bends the wrong way and can't be rotated through 180 degrees).

Tennant

10. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    I was wondering about how the leads work with the bracket I'm assuming that the back of the relisys is the same as my Iiyama?

Iiyama back

I never knew about 90 degree convertors!! I have been told that Richer Sounds are selling a wall mount for the Relisys, I am going to try and get to one, to check it out (its £29.99)

11. tennant

tennant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    That looks frightening similar...is the Relisys a rebadged Iiyama or vice versa?

The 90 degree phono convertors are available at www.cpc.co.uk, part number CN00570

Tennant

12. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +390
    I think the iiyama is a rebadged Relisys, my Girlfriends dad works for an electrical company and they are doing these screens as a promotion when you buy a surround sound system. Apparently they are the first batch in the country. I didn't realise they were so similar until I saw the Relisys in Richer sounds!! Thnx for the info!!