Extending power cable on Sony KDL37EX403U? Help!

jamiev

hi, i am just wall mounting my tv and noticed the cable does not seem to detach from the unit as i wanted to replace it with a 3 metre power cable.

Anyone help?

Can the cable detach and if not how can i extend it so it will hide nicely in some small trunking and reach to the plug socket (approx 3 metre's).

thanks all

Chronoptimist

If you can't move a socket to go behind the TV, and an extension would be visible if you just added one to the end of the cable, the best option might be to buy a 3m extension, bundle up the attached power cable behind the TV and plug in the extension right behind it.

jamiev

If you can't move a socket to go behind the TV, and an extension would be visible if you just added one to the end of the cable, the best option might be to buy a 3m extension, bundle up the attached power cable behind the TV and plug in the extension right behind it.

ok, thanks, that is what i will have to do.
bit of a pain though!
if i did interfere with the existing cable or cut the plug off, then this would in-validate my warranty.

thanks again

PhilipL

Hi

ok, thanks, that is what i will have to do.
bit of a pain though!
if i did interfere with the existing cable or cut the plug off, then this would in-validate my warranty.

thanks again

It wouldn't affect the warranty. Even the instruction manual probably has a page or two devoted to how to change or wire the plug.

Regards

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom