Extending component cable?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gordy01, Apr 25, 2007.

1. gordy01

gordy01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all :)

I have an 32" Song LCD mounted on my wall and plan to raggle (chase) all the cables within the wall down to the sky box / dvd player / power outlet etc.

All cables for other hardware have been purchased already - 2x5m scart (Sky & spare), 1x5m HDMI (DVD), 1x5m VGA (PC) etc.

However, I have only recently purchased an XBOX 360 and would also like to get the cables for this inside the wall. I use the component cables and would like to keep the official microsoft ones out of the wall (they're also too short!). Would it be ok to use the following to link my existing xbox cable to my tv:

Component Cable in wall : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-3-6M-5-RCA-Component-Video-Cable-for-HDTV-DVD-UK_W0QQitemZ320104723088QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32837QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cable Couplers : http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=1017&doy=search&c=so&U=Strat15

Would this be ok and would I get the same picture quality? I know the cable isn't monster or anything so how would this effect it? I can't really afford to spend a fortune on cables :(

Any other suggestions would be welcome too!

Many thanks :smashin:

2. rEVILospud

rEVILospud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    The Component cables you linked don't look particularly high quality, I would consider getting better ones for a total 5m run.
    As for the phono couplers, they are fine, might be easier with this and this though.

3. gordy01

gordy01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    In that case can anyone recommend alternative coponent cables which are better quality but won't break the bank?

4. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    IMO the ebay cables look fine for your intended application - I highly doubt you'd notice the difference over a £50+ cable with this short run. If you look at the specification, the Video Coax looks a fair grade tbh (better than the original 360 component cables) - and for £6, I don't really think you can go wrong ... IMO

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,881
    I had to extend my 360 component cables afew months back and the site below had everything I needed plus the quality is untouched :thumbsup:

www.kenable.co.uk

6. gordy01

gordy01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Did you notice any difference in quality after extending? Which cables did you use?

Cheers :smashin:

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,881
    Like I said the quality was untouched and I used the cable linked too below...

2m Component Cable