• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Extending a Power Strip cable.

MrLobster

So I'm moving my Media Server to a rack, and wanted to use a Rackmounted Powerstrip.

Most of the sockets in the house are single ones, and this is also true in the room the server is in, this socket is used up by my Gaming PC, using a surge protected.

Even though the property is rented, I don't think the landlord minds me changing the single sockets to doubles (homebase value ones at £3.99 seeing as its rented).

All rack mounted power strips I have seen are 2m-3m only and not long enough to the power outlet.

Anyone know of a 5m-10m long rack mounted power strip?

EDIT: or an safe way to extend the power cable.

Last edited:

larkone

Distinguished Member
If you are not confident to change the lead to a 5m lead yourself then why not just get a short extension lead?

tvmcp

Even though the property is rented, I don't think the landlord minds me changing the single sockets to doubles (homebase value ones at £3.99 seeing as its rented).

Do yourself a favour, and get it in writing, I did a lot of rental inventory work a few years back, and the number times I heard ' I was told, or he agreed' you could otherwise end up paying for things to be put back, even though you improved them, especially if an electrican hasn't signed it off after you do it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom