1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extender activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by OhPinchy, Oct 22, 2005.

1. OhPinchy

OhPinchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I recently bought two HP Media Center Extenders while on holiday in the US and am now trying to set them up back home in Ireland.

I got them off an online store for $140 each as they were B Stock. They have minor scratches but thats the only thing wrong with them - all documentation and hardware was present and correct.

Problem is I can't activate them: The activation program accepts my product keys (if I make a typo it will reject straight away) and then accesses the Internet to do the activation. After a few minutes the following error message appears:

"While attempting to activate Media Center Extender an error occured. Select Next to activate by telephone." Error code 32781.

My keys are good so what could the problem be (I disabled my firewall so that can't be the issue)?

Surely there's not some geographic restriction that prevents people outside north America activating extenders?

I'll probably have to go ahead and try call the the toll free number but it'll cost a fortune and I've had trouble accessing toll free numbers from outside the US before so any ideas much appreciated.

2. OhPinchy

OhPinchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I plugged out my new wireless router and was able to activate first time so its some issue with my router and not the Media Center Extender - getting there but I'll hit the wireless forums for this one.