1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Warrenty

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Blu-rayx, May 9, 2002.

1. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    has anyone taken out a extended warranty with there plasma,if so did you get a good deal.

the best i've seen is £550(3yrs).

i think this is very importent when bying a plamsa because when the year is up how are you going to sleep at night :eek:

dvd :D

2. Pyara

Pyara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always advised my friends and family NOT to purchase these warrenties on anything expect large screen televisions, thus including a PLASMA.

I bought a 36PW9525 some time ago and could not afford that little bit extra for the warrenty, nevertheless I received a letter from the shop's nominated insurance company some six months latter when I had the funds, I am so happy they contacted me.

I signed up and just recently had a problem with the set which was cleared-up immediately, however the problem was due to the fabric of my velvet curtains falling into the television slowly over a period of time, and hence nothing to do with the actual television!!!

3. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So was the problem loss of picture size - and an increasingly large border at the top of the screen? :D

4. shaf

shaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    John Lewis give free 5year warranty with all their products. I purchased my tv from them, the cost of the tv was £1599 and included a 5 year gurantee.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    dvd,
    If it is a Panasonic plasma, they offer an extended warranty which offers a 42" loaner, and is a good price for peace of mind.
    Philips plasmas used to have a two year warranty as standard, now it is one year.
    It may be unusual, but my Philips 42PF9952 failed after 14 months, with the panel overheating and shutting itself down. It was replaced directly by Philips with no quibble, under warranty.
    I don't usually take out extended warranties but for plasmas and digital camcorders they can be wise.