• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Extended Warranty ?

Ziggy

Standard Member
Are extended warranties a waste of time. Reason i ask, is i saw a comment from someone in this forum who said screen burn was not covered under warranty or extended warranty. Which isn't what a comet salesman told me. He said that their extended warranties covered screen burn and they would simply replace the unit if it happened. He made a point of showing me a screen that it had happened to. Anyone have any thoughts ?
After reading through the plasma tv forum i came to the decision that i would go for the Panasonic TH42PV500CAB after considering the Hitachi 7200 ,but now i've seen peoples comments about the new Pioneer 436 im not so sure ? Talk about confused.
:rolleyes: :confused:

M

mister meaner

Office of Fair Trading recently concluded that extended warranties were a rip off. Report makes some interesting points like how many appliences fail is not made clear to the consumer. Appliances with higher failure rates cost the same for a warranty as those that rarely fail.

My conclusion - don't bother, or shop around. Cahnces are the OFT will be shaking up the rules of selling these things soon anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom