1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended warranty

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Doctor_AB, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Doctor_AB

Doctor_AB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Bought a 6gb ipod mini from John Lewis. They offer a 2year extension to standard warranty for 29.99. Normally I never buy such warranties but this looks cheap and also appears to offer accidental damage cover. What do people think worth it or not?

2. thx25

thx25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your clever about it and keep your documentation.... you could have an accident about 1yr and 11 months down the line! Chances are a newer model will be out and you get that! Just make sure it has a good accident that will cost more to repair than replace.

Make sure you check out the small print but the "Replacement Cover" I sell is pretty good. Even I take it out on some items I buy and I sell it everyday.

3. Doctor_AB

Doctor_AB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    who do you work for then? This actually extend cover for total of 3 years I believe.

4. L11

L11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    watch out because john lewis are shady...

I remember someone's washing machine breaking down but john lewis couldnt find the part to fix it.. so they gave them the money for the part (which obviously the customer couldnt find either)

5. Doctor_AB

Doctor_AB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I have to say that sounds like rubbish. I have always had great service from JL. They clearly state that they will fix appliance or replace if cannot be fixed. JL customer service I have always found to be second to none including their free extended warranties. When my microwave broke down after 22 months it was still covered because of their free extended warranty of 2 years as opposed to manufacturers 1 year warranty. They fixed the microwave and gave me a fre top of the range loan one whilst it was being fixed,
    I don't work for JL but they are the very opposite of dodgy. f you want poor cstomer service try dixons, currys or comet.