Extended warranty

3mx Royal

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had my ipad for just coming up a year now, and have just received the standard letter from Comet, offering an extended warranty.

What do people think, for an ipad are they worth the money, or is the general opinion that once it's lasted a year it will go for a good few.

you'd be better off buying Applecare, as the service from Apple will be miles better (I have APP on all my Apple gear and it really is a brilliant service).

So in short, ignore the Comet offer and buy Apple Care if you want to extend the warranty

Also worth checking if it's covered (or can be covered) by your home insurance. Many policies allow you a certain number of items which can be taken out of the home. Our iPods/Phones/Laptop are all covered and it doesn't cost much extra a month, certainly far cheaper than a typical warranty.

I agree with dc8900, get the Apple Care instead. I have had comet extended warranty before and whilst I have never had a problem making a claim (have done so twice) Apple will give you a much quicker service as you are bypassing the middleman. If you have a problem with the ipad you have to send to Comet who will send it to Apple, you might as well send straight to Apple.

As with any extend warranty your taking a gamble, I have used apple products for years and never had apple care.

IPad 1 still works purchased on launch day, still using iPhone 3 and iMac which were purchased something like 3 years ago, maybe longer for iMac.

Last edited:
As with any extend warranty your taking a gamble, I have used apple products for years and never had apple care.

IPad 1 still works purchased on launch day, still using iPhone 3 and iMac which were purchased something like 3 years ago, maybe longer for iMac.

Of course any warranty is a bet, you are betting something will go wrong and the company is betting nothing will!

Thanks for all the input guys.

I've never taken out an extended warranty before on anything. Think I'll check out Apple care and then make a decision.

Thanks again :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom