Extended warranty phonecall

phlooke

Established Member
Reaction score
Just putting feelers out to gauge opinion on extending the HD box warranty.

My subs are 12 months old soon and I got a call (albeit the missus answered and asked them to call back) regarding an extended warranty.

What's the general consensus of opinion...?

Just putting feelers out to gauge opinion on extending the HD box warranty.

My subs are 12 months old soon and I got a call (albeit the missus answered and asked them to call back) regarding an extended warranty.

What's the general consensus of opinion...?
I told them to f..k off, when they called, i don't like being called at home by sales people.
If your box breaks, Sky will give you a replacement for £65, or for free if you threat to leave. I have twice had out of warranty repairs free of charge. Extened warranty is a waste of money -IN MY OPINION.

most people say don't get a warrenty, for a variety of reasons from rip off merchants to not worth money to get sky to change it under the 'not fit for purpose trading standards argument' to the cancel it and sky will fix it for free.

see here http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651291

and then decide if its worth the money for the risk of needing to use it...

but if they/you ring back ask if they carry HD boxes incase it fails or is it sent off for repair and sent back as you could wait maybe a month to get your box back.

The number of free service calls being offered to people threatening to cancel has been reduced sharply. Be careful trying this on as you may just end up being cancelled!

Sky only used Domestic and General for Sky extended warranty, called the Sky Repair Protection Plan. if any other company calls and gives the impression they are Sky or calling on behalf of Sky then this is untrue.

The number of free service calls being offered to people threatening to cancel has been reduced sharply. Be careful trying this on as you may just end up being cancelled!

Sky only used Domestic and General for Sky extended warranty, called the Sky Repair Protection Plan. if any other company calls and gives the impression they are Sky or calling on behalf of Sky then this is untrue.

If Sky wish to lose a subscription paying customer over the cost of a £65 call out fee they must be mad. As I said, I have twice had a new box out of warranty and never threatened to cancel, just reminded Sky that I was a good long-standing customer.

OK...I think I'll decline.

If, as is stated, a replacement can be had for £65, well that's not the end of the world.

Thanks to all.

Yes, but even in the techncial department where I work word has come down that NO MATTER WHAT, NO free sevice calls are to be booked. Even 2 days outside the warranty then it's OOW or no SC.

Without knowing the specific details I can't comment. All I can tell you is what I've beent old.

A few weeks ago this was on watchdog
Its not sky that phone you
When thet phone they never say they are from sky
They will do what they say
But sky does not have anything or want to be with this company

Yes, but even in the techncial department where I work word has come down that NO MATTER WHAT, NO free sevice calls are to be booked. Even 2 days outside the warranty then it's OOW or no SC.

So they'd be happy to lose out on the £55 per month I pay, over a one-off £65 charge then?:suicide:

If the threat of cancellation doesn't work, I 'm sure a trip to the small claims court and the Sale of Goods Act will do the trick.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom