Extended Warranty on Repaired 360

ppd_2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody can help me. I purchased the extended warranty from Microsoft a few months ago for 2 years which should run out in September 2010.

I sent my broken console for repair a few weeks ago and when I checked online the warranty status online it now says that it is due to run out in 3rd May 2009!!!

Will Microsoft transfer the remainder of the extended warranty or do I have to call them and try and transfer it (I hate calling the helpline!!! I get the feeling I am going round in circles!!!)

If you have had the same experience any help or advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

From what I understand with shop extended warranties, they only allow one replacement to be made.

Once that is made, the warranty is immediately expired no matter how long was left.

If that is the case with MS too, that would explain the new date as that would be (possibly) the 1 year warranty time finishing (for some very odd reason MS - or at least they did with me - decide that the 1 year warranty is from the date the console was manufactured, and not 1 year since the date you bought it :confused: :mad:).

I would definitely call them though either way and complain.

I am going to be annoyed if MS do not transfer the extended warranty as the problem with the console was RROD, which is covered for 3 years anyway if you have an extended warranty or not!!!

I only extended it in September for two years!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom