Extended warranty on HS10

K

Kase

Has anyone managed to take out an extended warranty on the Sony HS10?

I bought mine from Nexnix at the start of the year and asked them about this, they said they would talk to Sony about it, but a couple of gentle reminders later they are remaining quiet on it. I'm not putting hundreds of hours a week on my unit, so would prefer to get some kind of protection if possible.

Probably better to contact an "independent" insurer - must be loads in the UK.

Could be quite expensive though & the price of future improved technology should be considered.

What would something as good as a HS10 cost just 2/3 years ago (if such a thing were available then :) )? What will a HS10 equalivent cost 18 mths from now? <£1000 by the looks of things :eek:

An insurer won't cover the cost of replacement bulb etc... & IMO, Sony's tend to be built to last - that was certainly my impression when I performed "open heart surgery" on my HS10 (exploratory!).

BTW, my "false start" issue has now entirely disappeared (perfect for the last 40/50 start-ups) & everythings perfect @ nearly 400 hours.

:hiya:

400 hours Kramer..;) haha, you lightweight, I've just hit 857 and lovin it lovin it lovin it.:clap:

Originally posted by museumsteve
400 hours Kramer..;) haha, you lightweight, I've just hit 857 and lovin it lovin it lovin it.:clap:

& I got mine early December :( When did you get your HS10?

Kramer I know what you mean about Sony, if you get past the first failure point (i.e. soon after purchase) then they do seem to last. I have a widescreen Trinitron TV which is 5 years old and it can still knock the socks off most of the TV's that I see in the high street - even when they are fed with a decent signal (rare!)

I know what you mean about consumables (bulbs, fans, electricity) as well, but it's if a panel goes, or something on the ICB that I'm a bit concerned about - having read about spares recently I don't like their price :-o With regards to replacing them I'm not concerned as my partner is an electronics engineer and can fix anything electrical, given the right parts.

But £2K is not a trivial amount of cash to a non-Beckham and I'd like this machine to last me three years at least.

400 and 800hrs:eek:

Have you guys changed the air filter or cleaned the unit in any way yet?

250 hours on my second without a false start, first had about 250 untill it died in March.

Zero hours on mine in the last 4 weeks :( and it's killing me.

Plasma dies this afternoon as well :mad: but after 2 hours trying to contact their support department (it's still in warranty) a 30 minute rest (complete power down) fixed it. Phew !!!

Hi,

Thought I would join in, 300 hours, not 1 false start and the picture is just getting better and better.

A very happy HS10 owner :) :) :) :)

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom