Extended Warranty from AV-Sales?

D

dando

Hi,

I've ordered a 42PWD8 from Av-Sales and it already comes with a 2-yr guarantee but should I also take out an extended one from AV-Sales?
I mean if I have a problem (god forbid) with it, will Av-Sales sort it, or will I get palmed off to Panasonic?
PS Anyone know the ETA of these panels @ Av-Sales?

Hi Dando

If you get a fault with your set.
whom would you like to sort it out, a panasonic engineer whom fixes them 8 hours a day 5 days a week? or a general purpose repair man whom fixes toasters one day and plasma's the next. this is a general point and not aimed at AV sales support in particular

Mat365,
Good point, but this warranty only covers the extended period, so it should be repaired by a proper engineer for the first 2 years.
The price of official extended warranties are often ridiculous, I took up the AVSALES one as the price difference can go towards my future 'HD' compatible plasma.
I think at the time I purchased my Plasma the high street shops, (when there were some), charged between £900 and £1300 for extended warranties.

Steve

I know i keep hijacking posts, but to reply to the who fixes your Plasma, I'd say you will get lumberd with whatever wally Pasasonic choose, IE, Local who can fix a toaster:(

I refused to have mine fixed by the local repair agent, but I had no say in the matter, my set went back a 2nd time to the same agent.

AV-Sales kept in constant contact, but refused to replace the set, and I was under Panasonic warrenty!

I do believe i was just unlucky and that it was a one off, my fault was there, not there, repaired, went back....Just wating for it to go tits up again, although the 1st time it came back it took 3 months to surface:)

If you take the TADL warranty sold by AV-sales its a swap warranty the panny one isnt and i think TADL fix them (or use a select group of agents unlike Panny) so the extended warranty is better cover than the OEM one!!

I emailed panansonic about extended warranties they offered and they said that they are in partnership with Domestic and General who would provide the extension. Not sure if this means that D&G will fix screen in first year as well.

MAT365 said:
... a panasonic engineer whom fixes them 8 hours a day 5 days a week ...

You wish :rolleyes:

Panasonic will subcontract warranty work out to a third party from Day One - you have no choice!

It's about time people understood the current service model used by most manufacturers - pare it to ther bone to cut costs and hope customers don't shout too loudly when things go wrong.

Gussie :)

Cheers guys for advice. I don't know if I'm missing something but, whenever you buy something from say Currys or a big chain, you can always return it to them and they will sort it out. They dont say contact, morphy richards or sony or russell hobbs or etc etc. They take responsibility for the damaged item and replace it or fix it. This is my personal experience anyway. So I find it astonishing that if something were to go wrong with my plasma that AV-Sales could just turn round and say, not our problem please contact Panasonic!?

dando said:
... So I find it astonishing that if something were to go wrong with my plasma that AV-Sales could just turn round and say, not our problem please contact Panasonic!? ...

Not at all, AV-Sales will sort it - but there are times when they would have to rely on the manufacturer to authorise a swap-out or repair just like Currys would have to.

I'd rather be dealing with AV-Sales than Currys!

Gussie :)

As a independent service agent that repairs both conventional tv vcr hifi etc
and top of the range plasma and lcd i take umbrage that some of you think we are all unable to provide first class service to your product with first class
support from the likes of Toshiba and Pioneer we are able to give a honest and good service .

we have invested both time and money training our engineers to the required standard and take pride in the relationships built up with the manufactures over the years.

we like many independent service agents are used buy the big boys for service
because they know they get good customer service .

don't assume we are all cowboys and toaster repairers

:mad: :mad: :mad:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

we do cover your neck of the world with field service pm me if you want to have a chat see if we can help any pics etc :D :D

mutts

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom