1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended warranty for Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by armxz02, Dec 30, 2004.

1. armxz02

armxz02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Finally, I am enjoying watching films with my AE500 which I purchased in March'04.

I believe the pannny warranty only covers 12 months, is it worth extending this warranty (if possible) with panasonic?

My existing warranty will expire in 3 months, the project has a whole 37 hours of use - no joking pls (recently installed av equipment in my dedicated hc room - completed very recently).

Whats the consensus from you guys??

I am concerned about the usual issues with the AE500 (dust, flicker, optics etc etc )
    Is it worth going for independant insurance cover or is a panasonic warranty worth it?

Before you ask, I intend to use the projector for at least 2 years before upgrading therefore I believe an extended warranty is worth considering (especially with only 37 hours on my clock).

Can any AE500 users comment on the above or recommend alternatives.

I probably being too sensible ??

:thumbsup:

2. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Panasonic do not handle their own extended warranties any more, they sub contract to homecare insurance ( i think thats the name), found this out when i phoned to get extra cover for my 500, no loan unit but is is only 85 for 2 years cover. I'd still prefer to pay the 170 for a manufacturers extended warranty as it included a loan unit ,but as its not available i would strongly suggest you look around at whats on offer elsewhere.

3. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    P.S . definately get some sort of cover if you intened to keep it for a few yrs.

4. armxz02

armxz02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the advice Fallwood.

The insurance is probably sub-contracted to someone like mastercare (aka homecare insurance?).

Still, £85 is not bad for 2 years cover, if it includes full parts and labour. :confused:

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Previously I have only ever taken out extended warranty on washing machines (which always break frequently after 12 months in my experience), and a couple of things from Richer ('cause the warranty seems so good for the money).
    But the more I see, the more PJ's seem to fall in the "washing machine" category. Is it simply a case of contacting some of these warranty providers to see what price they quote?
    ...PJ

6. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +326
    I would like to know who i can get an extended warranty with ? Any recommendations. :smashin: