extended waranty

J

jpd2

Hi all

anyone know who offers a good resonable priced Plasma extended warranty. I know the JL and richer sounds etc offers when you buy via them, but i am looking for an independant warranty underwritten by an insurance company.

cheers john

there is one which is linked to stuff magazine that is only about £300 for 2 year extension. I cant link you because im not at home and dont have my favorites list but I can do this evening..... I think it was jasonjo who I found it via, so maybe he will come and help. This was the cheapest I have so far seen.

Ad

buns - do you know if this applies to any plasma? our Pioneer warranty is due to run out in June, and AFAIA Pioneers own warranty is about £700 or so for a one yr extention.

£300 for and extra 2yrs sounds a better deal to me :)

cheers
Gary

I cant recall exclusions except that it had to be taken out within 6 months of purchase....

ad

Try Domestic and General, they provide warranties for a range of household goods.

Yup

Domestic and General quoted me £370 for a 5 year Warranty (base + 4 years extended) on my Panasonic PW6 taken any time in the first year, and able to pay 10 x £37 interest free.

Regards GreenBhoy

GreenBhoy - can you tell me what this covers you for?? is it for all parts and labour, do you get a loan screen etc

just had quote from D&G for 2yrs extended - £549 or 10x£54.90, bloomin 'ell not cheap still

Although that is a new for old is it was unrepairable

cheers
Gary

Gary

Covers Parts/Labour, accidental damage, swap out with loan. Plus replacement with current model in event of total failure.

I replied to an offer letter I got (retailer must have registered the product as sold with Domestic & General).

http://www.domgen.com/FS_Center.html

Regards GreenBhoy

Try www.warranty.ex-they do various warranties, much cheaper than Domestic & General, although their warranties are underwritten by D & G.
My next door neighbour has just taken out a 5 year one on 32" Philips TV - Cost £688 for TV
D & G and company selling wanted £155.
Warranty ex= £107.
For some reason they only do up to £2999 for LCD TV.
When I rang for quote on 42 Philips LCD-price will be over £4500 got nowhere with them-told them to come into 20th century.
Any one any ideasI have a monthly policy with Norwich Union which gives me cover on appliances up to * years old and valued up to £5000 for £13 pound per month but they will not cover plasma or LCD. Trying to find out why is very difficult.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom