1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extended Media box cable for Pio 434HDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by leedsfireman, Jun 7, 2005.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Does any body know where I can get an extended cable that connects the plasma to the media box for a Pio 434HDE.
    Thanks

2. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Any one?

3. ikon66

ikon66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am sure you can buy them but they are about £250 i think, have you tried a search?

4. RobbieTT

RobbieTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The cheapest option is to buy a Sharp one, as these are made by the same people as the Pioneer ones, but they are different length at 7m. If you are going up-market than the wireworld options are top notch from 2m to 12m:

http://www.hificables.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/11185

The extra length Pioneer OEM only comes at 10m:

http://www.multizonedvd.co.uk/acata...AH03_10m_extension_for_media_receiver_90.html

(Although there is a very expensive optical version, I think 30m)

http://www.multizonedvd.co.uk/acata...neer_PDA_H04WL_30m_Optical_ext__Cable_91.html

Regards,

5. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Am I right in thinking that one cable is a DVI-D & the other is a DFP cable. Can I just buy to desent seperate longer cables to do the job?
    Thanks.

6. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +502
    Re. just getting higher spec longer cables - probably not. I was speaking to someone from The Chord Company who has been testing longer HDMI/DVI cables and found results very poor over 15m.

Over that length it looks likely that the only option will be expensive elctrical-optical>fibre optic cable>optical-electrical interfaces as is used by Sim2 with some of their high end projectors and now Pioneer with their 30m cable. Try googling for PDA-H04 for prices - best I've seen so far was a web deal from Superfi for £589.95

7. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The length i'm after is about 5-7m, I was just woundering if they are just normal connecting cables.

8. diverse

diverse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cannot see any thing on Avland.

10. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    andy JoeF can supply the cables you need at a price you like but a sharp LCD cable is the same (sharp make the media box for the pioneers)

11. neilball

neilball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +502
    If only 5-7m required then the Pioneer PDA-H02 is available for around £150. I would also recomend following Horny's advice to see how much cheaper the Sharp alternative is. If you want to try your own cables then providing you can negotiate with your retailer for a refund if it does not work then go ahead and test it out, there will be a few other Pio owners on the list that would be interested to hear how you get on :)

12. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    Hello all

AndyNumpty - generally your looking at a 'replacement' system cable rather than an extender.

Pioneer offer the 10m cable - though as some folk have said it seems to be less costly from Sharp.

The system cable is actually two cables - 1 x DVI Video cable + I x 20 pin MDR control cable.

You can use a standard DVI cable for the Video - though be warned not all cables work; try before you install.

The MDR cables are pretty difficult to source in the UK and some suppliers will insist you buy them bundled with a DVI cable.

Some folk claim different grades of DVI cable will result in superior or inferior image performance and suggest you 'upgrade' the quality of the DVI cable whilst your changing cable length - I have to say I cant see much in the way of difference in DVI cables once you step up a gauge above the type of cable Pioneer supply.

You can go to 15m and even 20m - though you have to be careful of any electrical devices close to the cable and be aware that sometimes variances in the Media Box can mean you don't get a reliable image.

Pioneer have been offering DVI over Optical and CAT5 for a fair while now on the HDE and XDE TV's - again test everything before you bury cables in walls.

Were working on a source for MDR cables in 3, 5, 8, 12 and 15m lengths to go with the BetterCables Display Magic cables we supply - that should give us a reasonably priced solution up to 15m without having to revert to CAT5 or Optical.

Best regards

Joe

13. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Joe, thanks for your reply. I will be after a cable about 5m or at most 7m. Can you give me a price for a replacement?
    Andy