1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extended edition rotk transfer r2 - spoliers

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by micks_address, Dec 16, 2004.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Hi folks,

Finished the extended edition last night over two sittings... i have to say i was completely blown away by the quality of the dvd.... i'm not sure if i've ever seen anything as good.. i have upgraded my tv to 100 hz sony fq86 driven by an ns900 dvd so maybe thats the reason i was so impressed.

everything was just crystal clear... i kept noticing things in the backgound... like the statues.. the wood carving on chairs.. the dept of the picture.. the colour... the detail... just breathtaking...

i thought the etended edition was much better than the cinema version although i thought some additions were weak... like sarumans demise... thedon looked like he was constipated when he was trying to tell wormtoungue to come down...

i liked the bit where frodo and sam joined the orc troop in mordor... added a sense of peril but then they got out of it far to easy...

i was also let down by the witch king confronting gandalf... i had hoped for a kick ass fight... but it was cool all the same...

all in all probably the best dvd exeperience i have ever had..

cheers,
    mick

2. Moosh

Moosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +473
    I have to agree. It is an absolutely awsome DVD.

However, I did laugh wehn Aaragorn was shouting at the Black Gate to open etc. He sounded as if he had a deep Somerset accent! :laugh:

"Come one Sauron.. I'll take you and your army on with me combine!" :rotfl:

3. apul

apul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    lol,
    Watched it the otherday, now im nearly done with the directors/writers comentry.

Yeah the saruman bit wasnt as good as id like it to be and the witch king confronting gandalf was no where near as good as i thought i would be, especially after the hype id heard about that extra scene.

The directors/writers comentary does give some explanation to why it seemed abit lacking. Something to do with flow or something ;)

But sadly i still want more and there isnt much more they could put in.

Maybe i'll have to read a book :rolleyes:

4. mad max 3

mad max 3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    micks_address have you seen the first two extended editions of LOTR's the Transfers of those are up there with ROTK.

5. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    yep i have max... i havent watched them on the new tv yet.... but i know they are stunning also... i guess i'll have to dig them out :)