Extendable/swivel bracket for my 40" Sony

them00ch

Standard Member
Hi Dan,

I have a 40" Samsung R7, and about 6 months ago I paid 60 pounds for my extendable/swivel bracket. No idea of the actual make of the bracket sorry, but checking my receipts I see the model number was ZIB2070BKT. I believe the company it came from was "standland", but from a ebay seller of their goods. I just googled the model number just now and it is for sale in a few places.

If you can get hold of it, its excellent, a bit bulky but reassuringly so. In my setup it is constantly 90cm away from the wall (in a chimney recess) and it handles the load fine. Its a definite 2 man job to install it though, its a heavy old thing!

Hope this helps, you dont need to spend 100+ pounds for a quality mount. :clap:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270322322756&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270322322756&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

zed4

Thanks for the replies :)

I was tempted by the WMU-PLBWA8 model, I'm just concerned 130mm out from the wall is quite a lot as my TV is fairly thick.

Maybe I could build a frame or a box around the TV so I can't see down the back from each side.

Don't suppose there's a photo of the bracket attached to the TV anywhere?

Thanks also for the post them00ch, I see this one stands 125mm when folded flat, which is about the same as the other model.

Member 376657

Standard Member
Hi

Appreciate what you are saying exactly, I don't have a picture of that bracket attached I'm afraid. For a TV that is mounted flusher to the wall you would be looking at something like the new Vogel's 8000 series which do go over your budget I'm afraid.

I like the box idea though, if you do it that way you'll have to send us some pictures, so we can see what it looks like.

Andy

zed4

Looking to buy this week.

If you see my post in the DIY Home Cinema forum everything will be explained.

Basically we were going to build a false chimney, but the house belongs to my girlfriends parents and they weren't so keen on having a chimney breast with big recesses left behing. We also weren't so keen on spending hundreds of pounds on a house we may not be in for long.

So, plan is to mount the TV on the wall, maybe use the Vogel cable management tubing and the glass shelf for the centre speaker. We will then just put the AV cabinet beneath this.

The reason we wanted the TV on the extending bracket is because we sometimes like to see it when we're in the dining room section - bad I know! :nono:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom