1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extend a power cable or move the socket?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by PSH16, Apr 23, 2005.

1. PSH16

PSH16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My power cable from my plasma (when mounted) is too short to reach the socket on the wall. Which is the best or easiest out of either extending the power cable or moving the socket. By the way, the cable is already channeled in the wall so its not as if I can buy a longer cable.

Thanks

2. Peridot

Peridot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    I assume you mean that the cable between the socket and the plasma is channeled through the wall over some of its length and, while free to be moved one way or the other, does not reach the plasma input when plugged into the socket.

In this case is it not possible to cut off the connector at one end of the cable and pull in a longer cable, wiring new IEC and/or 13 amp plugs onto the end?

Alternatively you could use an IEC extension cable between the end of the cable and the input to the plasma. Maplin do this one.

Or you could cut the IEC connector off the end of the cable and join in a second lead using a flex connector like this.

Hope one of these suggestions is helpful :)