Extander Box? - Not XBOX

B

Barryd2005

Anyone know where I can get an MS Extender Box from in the UK?

Cheers

Rambles

Distinguished Member
Barryd2005 said:
Anyone know where I can get an MS Extender Box from in the UK?

Cheers
They don't exist - modded V1 xbox with MCE extender kit, or xbox 360 are the only options.

WheresMyArtisan

Novice Member
...Or an imported Media Extender with a non-widescreen TV that can work with NTSC.

A perfect solution if you like having a crappy blurred picture.

It's a brilliant concept, but the ones so far produced have been pretty naff. I want to see one with DVI. I gave up waiting and bought a couple of extra MCE PCs instead.

M

MikeFish

WheresMyArtisan said:
...Or an imported Media Extender with a non-widescreen TV that can work with NTSC.

A perfect solution if you like having a crappy blurred picture.

It's a brilliant concept, but the ones so far produced have been pretty naff. I want to see one with DVI. I gave up waiting and bought a couple of extra MCE PCs instead.

Have you connected the MCE pcs together?
I have an MCE pc in the dining room with an IR reciver in the front room. I am in the process of building a dedicated machine for the front room. All my photos, music and films will be stored on the old machine.
I want to use the old machine to rip DVDs and music, and update MyMovies from there. Is there a way that both machines can use the same MyMovies database? Would I also need to update media player on both machines whenever i add any new songs?
The 2 machines will be netwroked together.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom