Ext HDD1TB to use with Media Player

hertderg

Standard Member
I'm new to Media Players and I'm going to order the Sumvision Cyclone Live Media Player Adaptor Version 2 1080p
-http://www.ebuyer.com/product/245715

I'm looking for a cheapish 1TB ext hard drive to go with it, there's so many out there, is there anything I should look out for , mains powered , int fan etc or does it not matter .

Anyone recommend a decent drive for me please.

cheers,
Mark .

MarkE19

I would suggest you get an external HDD that has it's own power supply as the media player might not be able to give an unpowered HDD enough power to run it.
Also the HDD is likely to be under the TV so if it has a built in fan it could be a bit noisy and therefore annoying during quiet scenes of a film - so try to find one that doesn't have a fan or that others have recommended as being quiet in use.

Other than that it is just a matter of finding an external HDD that you like the look of and at a price you want to pay. It is worth looking at the warrenty that is offered as if it comes with say 3 years cover you have extra peace of mind over a 1 year warrenty.

Mark.

gis2010

Standard Member
Just have a look on Amamzon, quite some 1TB external HDD to choose, get the one is cheaper and have lots good reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom