1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exstension ,how much?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by shoalin kid, Nov 28, 2003.

1. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know how much an exstension measuring roughly 6m x 4m would cost it might be built separetlly from the house on a hard standing area next to the house ,but ive no idea how much this would be .it would solve my problem with next door

2. Supra

Supra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    try getting a couple of quoyes from vartious builders, some can give you a rough estimate usually x£ per sq metre. will you need planning permission?

if you most of the work yourself you can save a fortune, I added a 7m x 3 metre extension to my house, the materials came to roughly,4k, i stoppped keeping records after a while. Done alot of the work myself. I only got one quote from a builder it was 15k. Id rather save the money and spend it elswhere, actually the mrs spent the saving on a 9k kitchen!

whatever qoutes you get make sure you have 20% backup funds.
    By the way i decided on apitched ceiling, this had to confirm to new building regs, had to use an insulation material called celotex. I was quoted £800 for this by builder dentre. After a morning on the tel i managed to aquire it for £375!. Abuilder will charge you top dollar for materials. Its amazing how much you can save if you look around. All the above was of brick construction.

I thin Jewsons do some pre fabricated buildings which can work out cheaper, depends how much you want to spend really.

The downside to doing it youself id it takes ages, I stared in march and only now am nearing the end.

hope that helps.

3. shoalin kid

shoalin kid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate i ll have to do some research ,my girlfriends brother knows a builder who has done some work for us in the past .i dint think the materials would be that much ,never mind.by the way wats a pitched ceiling