Exposure 3510 Integrated Amplifier Review & Comments

Another great review @Ed Selley :)

Not surprised the 3510 gets such a good review. Exposure have been quietly about their business making excellent HiFi for years and years. Perhaps they undeservedly get overlooked in favour of more shouty competitors.

The 3510 is a purposeful choice to make this the hub of your source options. A nice antithesis of the now common all in one box. That’s what I did when buying the 3010 pre and monoblocks. I get what you say about the 3510 being a Supernait 3 contender. SN3 was on my home demonstration list but I went for the Exposures. My stuff uses a Qutest with Node 2i and through Neat Orkestras, it’s wonderful.

Great review ED. Despite being a Naim owner, I'm a fan of Exposure equipment.

@Steve Stifler Nice system! Finished off beautifully with the Orkestras - superb speakers.

Good to read this review. The 3510 is on my shortlist to partner with my Roksan Caspian M2 cd player and a pair (for now) of vintage Mission 752 speakers. It would be replacing a long in the tooth Quad 33/303 - which I may yet choose to refurbish. As I have yet to audition the Exposure I'd be interested in views on how the sound will differ from the Quad combo.

Nice review, how much better than the great 3010 is it?

I have had my eye on this amp since it's launch, but the problem is availability, it seems not many dealers were stocking it when I was looking to upgrade. I actually love that it has more analog inputs than most these days, 2 lots of pre-outs plus a record out, and one can choose Phono pre amp or DAC., I also love the look of it. The phono earth pin position is a bit odd though.

Have you tried Soundstage HIFi IIRC near Cockfosters? They were very helpful when I was trying different options on my shortlist and had Exposure stuff.

Have you tried Soundstage HIFi IIRC near Cockfosters? They were very helpful when I was trying different options on my shortlist and had Exposure stuff.
No I hadn't, thanks.

Hi Ed, very interested in your comment on this Exposure 3510 integrated versus Copland CSA70. I'm trying to decide between these and very familiar with Copland, having owned and loved previously. Copland has DAC I don't need, but most interested in which has the best sound quality. Which would you choose, given the 3510 pre/power combo is the same price as Copland? I can't listen and compare these two amps at the same dealer, unfortunately

was thinking about continuing up the Rega ladder but may switch horses.

I am pretty keen on this amp, I've always liked their reviews. I too would be using it with a Chord dac (2Qute). I know I'll eventually end up comparing this for myself, but does anyone know if this combination is better than a NAD M33 or a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 / 3400? (I know the latter two cost more).

Does anyone happen to know if the 35-series Exposures can default to the AV input? Thinking of adding a nice stereo amp to the AV room but it would need to play very nicely with the AVR. Don’t want the family getting confused!

On the previous 3010 units you have to use the remote or front panel input selector to change to the AV input. Not sure if any other brands have some sort of sensing that automatically switches to AV when used in AVBypass mode. However as it is, it works fine.

If you have a remote that can be programmed to do macros, like the old Harmony Elite, you have one remote to rule them all !!!

Thanks Steve. I do indeed have a Harmony so it sounds like this could be a goer!

Good to read this review. The 3510 is on my shortlist to partner with my Roksan Caspian M2 cd player and a pair (for now) of vintage Mission 752 speakers. It would be replacing a long in the tooth Quad 33/303 - which I may yet choose to refurbish. As I have yet to audition the Exposure I'd be interested in views on how the sound will differ from the Quad combo.
Funny! Had quad 77/707 they were geting on a bit. replaced by exposure 5010 pre amp and 5010 monoblocks. After long search and time, settle on above. Had 3510 monoblocks very good they were but not enough to drive my quad z-2, 83db, speakers IMO. ended up with 5010s. Twist to a tail, replace speakers, after long search again! now i am owner of tannoy prestige turnberry gr. Driven by above amps.
Very happy with it.

Ive seen recently from Exposure posts from the recent Bristol show, they were pairing their amps with Proac speakers something I haven't heard but considering upgrading too. Any particular reason for this pairing? How would a 3510 integrated paired with Proac D2R speakers Vs a similar prices integrated tube amp?

I like the idea of purchasing established UK amp and speaker manufacturers for confidence of future servicing or repairs etc.

At the show I heard them using some Graham Audio floor standers. I’ve used ATC and Neat speakers with my 3010 pre/mono which work well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom