Exposure 2010CD,amp; Monitor Audio Silver?

bowlhead2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
At the mo I am OKish for home cinema kit, nothing special but OK for now- am looking for something for music. I've seen good prices on the 2010 CD and integrated amp recently, and having heard them I'm seriously considering going for them as a pair (£800). At present I can't afford to go higher up the Exposure range, or add a power amp.

Separately I've been impressed with the Monitor Audio Silver S6 speakers, but not been able to hear them with the 2010 source & amp.

I know buying any reasonable hifi without a full audition is crazy, but I'm close to just saying 'go on then' and putting them together. If it disappoints, I have an 'exit route' from having MA's as music speakers:- in a year or so I could use them as fronts in an improved home cinema setup, maybe keeping the Exposure kit with some new speakers for music.

However if this amp&CD is a bad match for MA, and/or the 2010 (rated 50W at 8ohm)will have trouble driving the MA S6 (91db, 6 ohms, 120W power handling), I'll go back to the drawing board. Anyone try this combination?

If not, what did you get for speakers (max GBP 500) to match the Exposure CD/amp - or, what amp is driving your MA S6 speakers?

If you're prepared to go second hand you could pick up a 3010 CD/Int Amp for around the £850 - £900 mark. I used to use these with MA s6's. Really hard to beat. The 2010's have the same signature as the rest of the exposure range and the s6's are an easy speaker to drive. I doubt you'll find anything better in the 'New' budget.
You could also look to Naim that sound may suit you if you like Exposure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom