1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exposure 2010

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Gambit, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had a play with these yet? One of the few players I haven't had a go with yet and they got a stormin' review (even knocked the Arcam from the "most arse licked by What Hifi?" position).
    Opinions?:confused:

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Hi Gambit -

It is inappropriate for me to comment on the Exposure player but if you read September's What Hi-Fi? you will find it didn't keep its king of the hill position for very long :)

John Dawson (Arcam)

3. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I know I've got it. You didn't waste much time did you?:) Qudos to yourselves for getting the 82 out so quick. Bet the new review made a few people at your place sleep easier at night.
    Still, anyone heard the new Exposure?
    (john, I'll hear your new one pretty soon so I'll form my own opinion. Sorry about the arse licked comment but they do love you...:blush: )

4. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Gambit - thanks for your kind comments and apology.

The CD82 should be in most shops within 4 weeks. The reps are taking samples round the trade right now and already we've pretty much sold out the first production run. Let me know your local store (by PM please) and I'll try to confirm they've ordered, so you can get to audition it.

John Dawson (Arcam)

5. Alex47

Alex47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exposure 2010 is a clean and lean sounding player. My first ( most important) impressions were of a very articulate mids and lean (and I mean lean) but well controlled and very firm bass. I would say that this is a very good player for a warm, or loosely sounding mid-budget amp and a bit bass-heavy speakers with a soft dome tweeter, for those who listen to rock/pop music. It is very susceptical to supports and wooden cons are paramount. Power supply is good, you won't need addditional mains filtering. Disappointing (by highest standarts) is its' treble definition, it is a bit flashy and harsh when compared to TriVista. The mids are more compressed and shut in than with TriVista, but then again, TriVsta is, how much - 4,000? 2010 does not have a more universal appeal of Arcam, but is able to beat it in some depatments - i.e. slam, timing, and bass control. I would definitely tried it to balance a loosely or warm sounding mid-priced system.

6. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    along the sam vein it is really a case of personal taste, but could easily be tied down to musical preference. The exposure seems to love Rock, metal etc and Pop, dance etc and Hip hop, rap etc.
    Basically the more upbeat the music the better it performs.
    Tried it with a selection of speakers, best combos for me were
    Acoustic Energy Aelite (Both models)
    and Wharfedale EVO20

7. nikyzf

nikyzf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I the only one who gets a bit fed up with the "flavour of the month" syndrome we seem to get with mags like 'What Hi-Fi'? If each month's new Best Buy was really a lot better than last month's, then one from a year ago ought to be just about unlistenable! How much of this is advertising-driven?

The answer? Take the reviews only as a guide and listen for yourself.

8. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Ive heard several reports of reliability problems :nono:

9. nikyzf

nikyzf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume that's with the Exposure, not the Arcam!?

10. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    exposure allow dealers to just swap a faulty unit for the first 3 years

11. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Had a listen to the 2010. Hmmmm, very forward, not as nice as the earlier players.

12. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 3010 series is aparantly similar to the earlier players