1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exposure 2010 - has anyone even heard it play?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by muzak, Feb 12, 2005.

1. muzak

muzak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thoughts appreciated.

2. bowlhead2000

bowlhead2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I bought a 2010 CD and 2010 amp around a month ago. The combination is great. I'm using them with Monitor Audio silver 6s, they go very well together. I would have given them very serious consideration at £500 or £600 each (most of the reviews I found were a couple of years old when they did cost that much) - but I got them from http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=3720 - £800 for the pair ; there is also someone on ebay selling them for the same price.

When I was buying them (at the same time as the speakers) I was tempted to get the 2010 power amp as well, which I hadn't actually heard, but at only £250 extra it seemed like a bargain. I decided I'd leave it to be a potential upgrade later - but it is going to be a long long time later as I'm extremely happy with what I have. Whilst I'm sure it would add something, the integrated amp is more than capable of driving the speakers despite its relatively low quoted output. The CD and amp have had pretty good reviews - great 'timing', 'musical' etc. Well, whatever it is, I like it. I listen to a range of music styles, but it delivers them all well - extremely good for pacy rock stuff, but all sorts.

It certainly isn't the only CD/amp pair in the £800-£1400 price range that is technically competent - but they do sound like they belong in that range and not, say, £500-800. You do have to spend a considerable amount more to get anything that sounds better - otherwise you just get rivals sounding 'different', but not better (IMHO)

It should be noted that there is a new model, 2010s , just coming out, which appeared before Christmas in hifi shows but not in any shops I tried. This could explain the price drop - but you can wait forever if you want whatever's around the next corner