Exporting iPhoto

geniusworkin

Established Member
Reaction score
hello people,

hope you're all well.

jsut finished an iPhoto album for the missus's b'day. I need to send to to the printers to get it printed and bound. How do I do it ?

The built in 'export' exports the file as a slideshow, whereas I want to export the album as a whole.

regards,

gw

Just to clarify...

Have you created an album or a book? You can send iPhoto books direct to Apple for printing since you define the layout page by page...I'm not sure about albums though since these are simply a collection of photos.

Jon.

my apologies,

its a book.

Does it have to go to Apple, can't it to my own printers?

gw

It's certainly possible to export iPhoto books as PDFs, so provided your printers are happy with a PDF file, you can go this route.

BTW, I used the Apple service to print two books as Xmas presents and was very happy with the result.

Jon.

I should have added...

If you want to create a PDF version of your book, select "Print..." from the File menu and then you can choose to PDF rather than print.

You'll have to point out to your printers that the first 2 and last 2 pages of your PDF are actually the dust jacket of your book rather than pages to be bound within the covers of your book.

Good luck,

Jon.

thanks jone,

how long did Apple take ? how much did they charge?

regards,

gw

You should find the prices when you select the photo-book to make - link connects to here anyway ... http://www.apple.com/uk/ilife/iphoto/prints.html

Jon

Hiya Jon can the same be done (get it printed by apple) for a book with text and photos created in iWork (pages)???
I am a mac infant and want a short run (5) books with text and art images the art from www.benvista.com photoartist software

EDIT... Can probably get the result I want out of iPhoto having followed your link (thanks) looks like there are words and pics in the books shown; will just have to beg the brat for a go on his mac my machine is win xp **^%

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom