1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exporting edited footage from PC to DCRIP7E

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Nabs, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Nabs

Nabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have some edited footage captured from a samsung VPD70 by Adobe Premiere 1.0 Edited by speeding up the footage slightly (needed to change 16 min clips to 15 mins time is important). Now I wish to Add a date and time clock to it to give the appearance that the footage only took 15 mins in reality. I have borrowed a friend's Sony DCRIP7E, the only other cam I have access to which is supposed to accept an input, and was hoping to record directly to that using the ilink and using the time clock then reexporting it to VCR.

I have the edited footage now on PC but am now stuck and am unsure how to export it back to the Sony micro MV. Any suggestions??

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    In most editing packages I have used you put the video onto the timeline and then export the timeline to the camcorder. This way everything you see in the preview windows is copied back to your DV-in enabled camcorder.
    You say you are useing Adobe Premiere 1.0 - do you mean Premiere Elements? I say this because Premiere is now on version 7 (I think as it is now known as Premiere Pro) and therefore version 1.0 would be very old and around long before the days of digital camcorders. IIRC the first edition of Premiere to work with digital camcorders via firewire was version 5.

Mark.

3. Nabs

Nabs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Actually I mean adobe premiere Pro. When I exported the video feed to this I did not get a time/ date box at the bottom of the screen - it seems to be stripped when using premiere. If I could feed one to vcr however I would get the result I wished

An alternative way of doing what I wish would be an ability to time and date stamp the avi footage gained from premiere, or MPEG footage I will encode it to - i mean place a date and changing time (hours+mins) in the lower corner of the screen