• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Exporting data from 7230 to 8520

NashvilleAvenue

Standard Member
I have an old 7230 with lots of data on it and want to export the daa to my new 8520. The Desktop Manager with the 8520 doesn't recognise the 7230, though. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done?

zebs

Established Member
I would guess you have Desktop Manager v. 5 for your 8520?

You need version 4.x for the 7230.

You can download it here: (v. 4.6 or 4.7 should do it)

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Whether this will install alongside your version 5, downgrade it, or refuse to install as a downgrade I don't know. You may have to uninstall the 5, install the 4 and back up your data, then uninstall 4 (make a backup of the 7230 data onto a usb stick or disc first) and reinstall 5 again :confused:

Maybe install v. 4 on another pc or laptop, then trasfer the data with a usb stick to your main pc?

Jay Z

Established Member
Can't he just use the current v6 and just use 'Switch' and that will just transfer the data from the old to the new?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom